Business can become overwhelming if you let it, here are some of my best strategies to stay on top mentally and emotionally.
1. Clients leave…accept it, embrace it and let it motivate you to get more, not discourage you. Don’t sweat what is normal.
2. Focus on what you have, not what you don’t.
3. Focus on how far you’ve come, not how far you have to go.
4. Stop working at 6pm…you get paid first in money, time and lifestyle. The evenings belong to you.
5. Same with the weekends, the business gets you 5 days, your family gets you 2…no exceptions.
6. Constantly remind yourself your business exists to create lifestyle not crush it.
7. Never, ever engage in negative behaviour with a client or a prospect…it will ruin your day. If they’re negative let them leave, let them have the last word, let them be right. The second you drop to their level, you’ve lost. Make no effort to keep any form of negativity in your life. Let it be a blessed exodus regardless of the financial cost. They can be right, I’ll be rich! Sometimes you just have to let people break up with you and let them be right.
8. Probably most importantly…acknowledge that fear and discomfort are prerequisites for growth. If your not on the edge of fear. You’re not growing. Instead of despising fear and trying to kill it…embrace it, it means you are growing. Unless you master acting in the face of fear you’re doomed to mediocrity, if you’re lucky.
Lastly…understand success is an action not a result. If you have a goal and you purposefully act to achieve it, you’ve already succeeded. The outcome is only a bonus. Failure is not acting, it’s not a lack of results.
The attitude of gratitude is the direct order of the day. Demand it of yourself. If you do, you’ve already won.
I get overwhelmed, frustrated, fearful of failure and discouraged like everyone else, the only difference is I have a playbook to deal with it, and now you do too if you want it.
What’s your playbook? Leave a comment below and share with us.